Following a solid end to 2022, land-based casinos in Atlantic City see an impressive 15.3% increase compared to January 2022.
The nine land-based casinos generated $211.6 million in January 2023, showing numbers last seen before legalized online casinos entered New Jersey in 2013.
Combined with the revenue figures from sports betting and online casino gaming, New Jersey collected a total of $436.8 million in January 2023. Compared to the same period in 2022, it reveals a 14.5% increase.
A Respectable Increase from All Nine Land-based Casinos
In-person gambling is considered the most critical indicator for the market. While online casinos generate impressive revenue, the figures are misleading; casinos share up to 70% with third-party tech companies, marketing, and sports books.
Compared to revenue connected in January 20222, each of the Nine casinos managed to grow:
- Borgata January 2023 Revenue – $58.3 Million (+20.6%)
- Hard Rock January 2023 Revenue – $35.9 Million (+3.4%)
- Ocean Casino January 2023 Revenue – $30.5 Million (+26.4%)
- Harrah’s Casino January 2023 Revenue – $20.1 Million (+15.9%)
- Caesars Casino January 2023 Revenue – $16.8 Million (+5%)
- Tropicana January 2023 Revenue – $16.2 Million (+11.9%)
- Bally’s January 2023 Revenue – $11.5 Million (+31.4%)
- Resorts January 2023 Revenue – $11.1 Million (+20.1%)
- Golden Nugget January 2023 Revenue – $10.9 Million (+5.6%)
In December 2022, land-based casinos in Atlantic City collected $215.6 million in revenue, growing just 2% compared to 2021. While a slight increase, it’s still growth.
While recovering after the pandemic, the latest revenue figures give hope for the land-based casino industry. In 2023, multiple land-based casinos have already planned massive upgrades to the casino floor, hotel rooms, and other areas such as entertainment and restaurants.
Get the Latest News and Revenue Updates in New Jersey
Committed to delivering accurate news of land-based and online casinos in New Jersey, we highly recommend bookmarking our news page. We cover details worth knowing about, including revenue, casino upgrades, online casino news, and more.